SOLUTIONSplus brings together highly committed cities, industry, research, implementing organisations and finance partners to establish a global platform for shared, public and commercial e-mobility solutions. The goal? Kick-starting the transition towards low-carbon urban mobility!
The SOLUTIONSplus project sets up a global platform for shared, public and commercial e-mobility solutions to kick start the transition toward low-carbon urban mobility. Running from March 2020 until December 2023, it encompasses city-level demonstrations to test different innovative and integrated e-mobility solutions, complemented by a comprehensive toolbox, capacity development, and replication activities.
Achieving a shift away from fossil-fuelled transport is a growing priority for cities. There is no doubt that increasing the deployment and uptake of e-mobility solutions will play a crucial part in attaining several global objectives, including the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. In comes SOLUTIONSplus, which seeks to:
- Boost the capabilities of authorities, public transport operators, and entrepreneurs about innovative urban e-mobility solutions.
- Increase the uptake of e-mobility solutions in the public and private sectors.
- Strengthen collaboration and partnerships between business and government on e-mobility.
- Contribute to global sustainability and climate goals by helping cities decarbonise their transport systems.
Indeed, this project aims to enable transformational change towards sustainable urban mobility through innovative and integrated electric mobility solutions. To deliver this objective, the project will boost the availability of electric vehicles, foster the efficiency of operations, support the integration of different types of e-mobility in large urban areas, and address user needs and local conditions in Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Moreover, it works closely with the UN Environment programme (UNEP) and the International Energy Agency (IEA) on a joint global urban e-mobility programme that will significantly boost the replication and impact of this Innovation Action. Demonstration actions will be launched in Hanoi (Vietnam), Pasig (Philippines), Lalitpur/Kathmandu (Nepal), Kigali (Rwanda), Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), Quito (Ecuador), Montevideo (Uruguay), Madrid (Spain) and Hamburg (Germany).
- Want to keep up with the latest news? Check its official website here and follow it on Twitter.
- For further information, please contact Cláudia Ribeiro, Andréia Lopes Azevedo, Marina Martin Vilches, and Pedro Gomes.