Just Transition Webinars
The Just Transition Webinar series puts into action our Just Transition Agenda, making the transformation to a safer and more accessible urban mobility a reality.
The Just Transition webinars will provide a space for discussion on the actions needed to put inclusion, diversity, and accessibility at the heart of all urban mobility policies.
Following the launch of the Just Transition Agenda in 2021, the webinars will traverse in detail the multifaceted ways affordability, gender-related mobility patterns, age, cognitive capacities (and more) can guide the future mobility of our cities and regions.
To addresses imbalance and unfairness across the entire mobility spectrum, several online events will be held from February to March 2023, with each webinar examining mobility justice from a specific perspective, in accordance with POLIS’ different Working Groups. From freight to parking, traffic efficiency to active travel, electromobility to safety — and everything in between — we begin to discuss how each sector has its part to play, the challenges ahead, and how cities and regions are treading new ground.
Interested? Discover all the Just Transition webinars below!
Please note: This webinar series will include some sessions open to the public, while others will be available to POLIS members only. Check each webinar for more information.
- Tuesday 7 February, 14:00-15:30 CET, Online : ‘Why do people need cars? Car dependency and city’s policy response‘ (Access Working Group) – POLIS members only
- Tuesday 14 February: ‘Facilitating active travel for people with disabilities‘ (Active Travel & Health Working Group) – Public
- Tuesday 21 February: ‘Addressing urban-rural transport divisions‘ (Regions Working Group) – POLIS members only
- Tuesday 28 February: ‘Gender mainstreaming done right! ‘ (Small & Medium sized-cities Platform) – Public
- Thursday 9 March: ‘Reallocation of Space, Time, and Danger‘ (Safety & Security Working Group) – Public
- Tuesday 21 March: ‘Making EV charging a reality for people with disabilities‘ (Clean Vehicles & Air Quality Working Group) – POLIS members and by invitation only
- Tuesday 28 March: ‘Towards digitalisation in transport, no one left behind‘ (Mobility & Traffic Efficiency Working Group) – Public