Post-lockdown mobility: A COVID-19 webinar series for POLIS members
The COVID-19 outbreak has created huge challenges for cities and regions when it comes to mobility. Local authorities have had to react quickly and decisively, often with uncertainty as to the best course of action. As cities and regions now begin to plan for the easing of confinement measures, many will be wondering how best to respond to this unprecedented situation and how to adapt mobility to the ‘new normal’.
At POLIS, we want to support our members in this challenging time by sharing advice and facilitating the exchange of experience between cities and regions which will all be implementing plans for post-lockdown.
That’s why we will be running a webinar series exclusively for POLIS members on COVID-19 and mobility, with a specific focus on planning mobility for post-lockdown.
We will hear from cities across Europe that have begun to formulate plans for when lockdown measures are eased. We will also identify potential threats as well as opportunities resulting from this crisis, and explore how we can mitigate negative aspects while building on the good things that are happening from a sustainable mobility perspective.
These webinars will take place over the coming weeks and are open to all POLIS members. All webinars will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 14:00 CET. The webinars will take place on:
- Thursday 30 April: The post-lockdown mobility strategies of Aarhus and Brussels (read the summary report here)
- Tuesday 5 May: The post-lockdown mobility strategies of Barcelona and Milan (read the summary report here)
- Thursday 7 May: The post-lockdown mobility strategies of Rome and Île-de-France (read the summary report here)
- Tuesday 12 May: Results of the Polis members COVID-19 mobility survey (read the summary report here)
- Thursday 14 May: Reallocation of space to promote active travel (read the summary report here)
- Tuesday 19 May: Urban logistics in lockdown: Lesson learned & solutions for 'Phase 2' (read the summary report here)
- Tuesday 26 May: Sharing is (still) good
- Thursday 28 May: Reallocation of space to promote Active Travel (2)
- Tuesday 2 June: Parking matters: current and future measures in times of COVID-19
- Thursday 4 June: Public Transport and COVID-19: Getting the offer right… and safe!
- Tuesday 9 June: The deadly link between air pollution & COVID: Practical proposals on protecting cities in the future
- Thursday 11 June: Bikesharing: In cooperation with Cycling Industries
- Tuesday 16 June: The Stress test
- Thursday 18 June: Bouncing ahead
- Tuesday 23 June: Vehicle emissions lock-down: will clean air be part of our new normal
Members can access the full details about the webinar series and register here (please login to register).
A summary of the key conclusions and takeaways will be published publicly following each webinar.
Further webinars will be announced in due course.