Bikesharing in the aftermath of COVID-19: A new pillar of public transport?
We are pleased to be holding this webinar in cooperation with Cycling Industries Europe as part of the Post-Lockdown Mobility series.
What is the impact of the health crisis on public and private, docked and dockless bikesharing schemes in cities? What are the pros and cons of public versus commercial bikeshare schemes? Should we consider new ways of public-private cooperation between public administrations and bikesharing companies? What about subsiding trips? Can bikesharing become the fourth pillar of public transport, next to tram, bus and metro and against the backdrop of decreased public transport use and capacity due to COVID-19?
These are some of the questions we’d like to discuss with our distinguished panel, featuring:
- Kevin Mayne, CEO, Cycling Industries Europe
- Pietro Peyron, International Business Development Manager, nextbike
- Alexander H. Frederiksen, Chief of Sales & Partnerships, Donkey Republic
- Carlos Mateo, Mobility Services Director, EMT (Madrid)
- Martin Lefrancq, Smart Mobility Coordinator, Brussels Capital Region
Moderator: Karen Vancluysen, Secretary General, POLIS
The webinar takes place on Thursday 11 June.
Please note that this webinar is exclusively for POLIS and CIE members. A summary report will be published after the event.