FUTURE-HORIZON will support ERTRAC, the European Road Transport Research Advisory Council, in identifying future research needs in the field of road transport.
Preceded by FOSTER-ROAD (2013-2016) and FUTURE-RADAR (2017-2020), FUTURE-HORIZON started in February 2021 and will last until January 2023. In particular, FUTURE-HORIZON will pursue the following objectives:
- Provide high-quality input for ERTRAC research roadmaps, strategic research agendas and other implementation documents.
- Assess RTR strategies in Europe, other established markets and emerging markets.
- Support capacity-building for local and national policy makers and practitioners, to generate and implement innovative sustainable mobility solutions.
- Utilize the expertise of a well-developed stakeholder network, incorporating also external advice in project outputs.
- Develop an ERTRAC dissemination strategy and communicate key ERTRAC activities and publications
Within FUTURE-HORIZON, POLIS is leading the communication and dissemination activities. The other project partners are: AVL (Austria), ASF (Austria), AUTH (Greece), BMW (Germany), BOSCH (Germany), CONCAWE (Belgium), Centro Ricerche FIAT (Italy), FEHRL (Belgium), Fraunhofer (Germany), RWTH (Germany), UEMI (Germany), UN-Habitat (Kenya), Valeo (France), VDI/VDE (Germany), Volvo (Sweden), Wuppertal Institute (Germany).
FUTURE-HORIZON has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under grant agreement number 101006598.