The goal? To foster urban mobility innovations
CIVITAS CAPITAL was a three-year project aiming to contribute significantly to the goals of the EU's Transport White Paper by capitalising systematically on the results of CIVITAS and creating an effective "value chain" for urban mobility innovation. CIVITAS CAPITAL initiated and supported a mainstreaming process of CIVITAS principles based on a strengthened community of stakeholders.
CAPITAL helped CIVITAS build the bridge towards a more advanced identity within Horizon 2020. It also helped create a more structured link with large-scale deployment in support of Transport White Paper goals. The CAPITAL strategic goals were:
- To consolidate existing knowledge and lessons learnt and to provide recommendations for the successful continuation of CIVITAS
- To create a dynamic knowledge centre as a means of structured dialogue and exchange among CIVITAS stakeholders
- To facilitate a structured transfer of CIVITAS measures based on practical experiences
- To establish and manage national/regional CIVITAS networks serving as delivery channels and activation mechanisms for stakeholders
- To deliver a quality project.
- CIVITAS Policy Brief - Demand Management Stratus
- CIVITAS Policy Brief - Integrated Planning
- CIVITAS Policy Brief - Transport telematics
- CIVITAS Policy Brief - Clean fuels and vehicles
- CIVITAS Policy Brief - Car-independent lifestyles
The project was funded by the European Commission's Directorate General for Mobility and Transport through the FP7 Programme (obtained € 4 000 000 funds).
Want to keep up with the latest news? Visit the project's website and TRIMIS (the EU Commission Transport Research and Innovation Monitoring and Information System) page.