Call for applications: Join new Expert Group on Urban Mobility!
Call for applications! The European Commission is setting up a Commission expert group on urban mobility and will select up to 20 members representing local and regional authorities. Are you interested in becoming one of them? Keep on reading!
On 28 July 2022, the Commission decided to set up a reformed Expert Group on Urban Mobility (EGUM). It has now launched a call for applications for members representing local and regional authorities to join it.
This call for expression of interest is intended to support the Commission in selecting group members representing Member States' authorities at the regional and local levels. The previous Member States Expert Group on urban mobility (ref. E03165) will now cease operations.
This new group will be responsible for several tasks, including:
- Assisting the Commission in executing the new EU urban mobility framework.
- Facilitating exchanges of good practices in the field of sustainable urban mobility.
- Encouraging information exchanges on initiatives, projects, and partnerships on sustainable urban mobility.
Moreover, some focus areas should be reflected in the membership of the group, such as:
- Public transport and accessibility.
- Zero-emission fleets.
- Urban vehicle access regulations.
This call for applications of interest will be open until 9/09/2022.
For more information, check the European Commission's page about it here.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact Ivo Cré (Director Policy & Projects - Coordinator Access WG) and/or Marko Stančec (Project Manager).