LENS 1st Stakeholder Event
LENS 1st Stakeholder Event on the minimisation of noise pollution and emissions from LVs
When ? : 15 December 2022, 10:00-11:00 CET
Where?: Online (The event will be recorded)
❕ Connect here ❕
The EU Horizon Europe project LENS aims at assisting law enforcement, cities, and regulatory authorities to reduce the contribution of L-category vehicles – LVs (mopeds, motorcycles, tricycles, and quadri-mobiles) to noise and air pollution.
LENS kicked off in September 2022 and continues until August 2025.
The project has now started developing and applying techniques to monitor noise nuisance and emissions of LVs. This will enable to:
- examine emissions and noise performance under real-life driving conditions,
- deploy methods to identify tampered vehicles,
- provide recommendations on how to control the contribution of current and future LVs,
- and, ultimately, provide information on different policy options for regulators, cities, and authorities.
For whom ???
For this event, we are targeting personnel representing municipal, city, and regional authorities, regulators, and #policymakers. We are, also, inviting #researchers and representatives from other sectors to join the discussion, such as the automotive industry and law enforcement representatives.
- 10:00 Welcome and tour de table
- 10:10 Presentation of the LENS project: Project overview and objectives (Prof. Leonidas Ntziachristos (Emisia) – Coordinator of the LENS project)
- 10:30 Stakeholder engagement and the City Platform (Antonios Tsiligiannis (POLIS Network) – Communication, dissemination, and exploitation manager of the LENS project)
- 10:50 Q&A and next steps
- 11:00 Workshop end