EU Support for Promoting Sustainable Urban Mobility in Turkish Cities
Gathering a consortium of local and international experts, the project aims to elevate sustainable urban mobility in Turkey and promote a just transition from individual and more polluting modes of transport.
The EU Support for Promoting Sustainable Urban Mobility in Turkish Cities project aims to elevate EU sustainable urban mobility practices across Turkey and is part of the country’s accession efforts to align its national policy and institutional and regulatory frameworks to those of the EU. It promotes a shift from individual transport to sustainable, accessible, and inclusive modes of sustainable urban mobility, at both national and functional urban area levels.
Within the project, our consortium will:
- support the communication and policy dialogue on sustainable urban mobility among Turkish stakeholders to create the basis for the nation-wide uptake of the SUMP concept,
- build capacities among experts and decision-makers for strategic, integrated planning and sustainable mobility policy solutions,
- enhance the visibility of sustainable urban mobility through the promotion of the European Mobility Week in Turkey.
During the project lifetime, a team of international and local experts will assist the Union of Turkish Municipalities, which gathers almost 1400 municipalities in the country under one roof, in their endeavours of creating the conditions for a more sustainable and carbon-free mobility system in Turkish cities.
- Want to get the latest updates? Check the website, the Twitter, the LinkedIn, and the Instagram accounts of the project.
- For further information, please contact Marko Stančec, Mark Meyer, or Karen Vancluysen.