EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK announces finalists for mobility awards
EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK has announced the six shortlisted candidates for its two mobility awards given in recognition of remarkable activities conducted in 2022, including POLIS member Sofia!
Great news! EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK has shortlisted six finalists for its two mobility awards, namely the EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK Award 2022 and the new MOBILITYACTION Award promoting mobility management, both presented in recognition of remarkable activities conducted in 2022.
The winners will be announced at an award ceremony in Ghent on 23 March 2023. Who are the candidates, you ask? Meet them below!
- Braga (Portugal) - for its commitment to better connect people, local businesses and universities through sustainable mobility;
- Zagreb (Croatia) - for its integration of strategies that advance an ecological and digital transition with the help of sustainable mobility.
- POLIS member Sofia (Bulgaria) - for its new transportation service that better combines citizens' mobility demands and reduced environmental impact. Its services include electric buses, an on-demand mobile application, green corridors, and new more affordable tariffs. The Bulgarian capital is also working within the framework of the InnoAir project, which seeks to reduce air pollution through traffic calming measures as part of the European Union’s Urban Innovative Actions.
- Ar2gether, Strade Future (Rome, Italy) - for its public art project promoting more sustainable mobility solutions;
- Metropolia GZM (Katowice, Poland) - for transforming a car park at the local university campus into an interactive, green pedestrian area;
- UCB Pharma (Braine-L’Alleud, Belgium) - for organising awareness-raising campaigns to increase the safety of vulnerable users in mixed traffic at its local campus and production area.
Stay tuned for the announcement of the winners!
For more information, click here.