WE-TRANSFORM 4th Stakeholder Workshop
WE-TRANSFORM 4th Stakeholder Workshop on SOCIETAL AND LEGAL IMPLICATIONS ON WORKFORCE RELATED TO THE DIGITALISATION OF TRANSPORT
When ? : January 19 January 2023 10:00 – 17:30 (CET)
Where?: Brussels Info Place (BIP) Rue Royale, 2-4 Brussels, Belgium
❕ Register here: https://bit.ly/3X3D30C ❕
The EU H2020 project WE-TRANSFORM aims at creating a policy agenda to prepare for the automation transition and the related transformation of the workforce in the transport sector. To do so, WE-TRANSFORM wants to establish an effective dialogue with all parties involved, including workers and employers across all transport modes, and leverage stakeholders’ knowledge and experiences to co-create an action-oriented policy agenda.
The first phase of the project focused on analysing the state-of-the-art and initial stakeholders’ input regarding barriers to digitalization, the negative and positive impacts on workers, and their skills, and also existing initiatives to facilitate the transition.
The project has now started the assessment of the social impact of automation on the transport labour force, addressing the requirements from a legal perspective and the scenarios for the transformation of the role of the workforce.
The workshop will both inform on the project's progress to date, and propose three topics for discussion and co-creation:
? The legal perspective of the expected impacts;
? Scenarios for the workforce transformation and preparation for the #automation transition;
? Implications and solutions for the Agenda policy actions.
For whom ???
For this workshop, we are targeting #policymakers, #workforce organisations, trade unions, and transport operators across all transport modes. We are also inviting representatives from other sectors to join the discussion, such as banking or tourism, forerunners in the digital transition.
- 10:00 Opening by the European Commission
- 10:15 Presentation of the WE-TRANSFORM project: where we are
- 10:30 The legal implications of automation and digitalisation on the workforce
- 10:30 Introduction of the session
- 10:45 Discussion in smaller groups
- 12:15 Lunch break
- 13:30 Shaping the future transformation of the workforce in transport digitalisation and automation: the scenarios
- 13:30 Introduction of the session
- 13:45 Discussion in smaller groups
- 15:15 Coffee break
- 15:30 The policy agenda to deal with the impacts of digitalisation and automation on the workforce
- 15:30 Introduction of the session
- 15:45 Discussion in smaller groups
- 17:15 Conclusions & next steps
- 17:30 Workshop end
For more information please contact: Manon Coyne or Dzvenyslava Tyslyukevych