Urban Greenup Webinar: Green Parklets
URBAN GreenUP is back with the 3rd edition of its External Webinar Series, taking place this April 29 at 15.00 (CEST). With a focus on Green Parklets, this event will showcase projects from Valladolid to San Francisco and discuss the implementation of nature based solutions in urban planning.
The URBAN GreenUP project, funded by H2020 EU presents the third edition of its External Webinar Series, focused on sharing impact stories regarding the implementation of Nature Based Solutions. Different sets of green parklets typologies, from Valladolid (Spain), Liverpool (UK), Izmir (Turkey) and San Francisco (US), will show us various ways to mitigate the effects of climate change, improve air quality and water management, as well as to increase the sustainability of our cities through innovative nature-based solutions.
Taking place on the 29th of April at 15.00 (CEST), this events organised in collaboration with the European project GrowGreen brings together experts in urban design and city planning from around the world.
- 15:00 - 15:05 Welcome (Raúl Sanchez, URBAN GreenUP coordinator , CARTIF Technology Center)
- 15:05 - 15:10 GrowGreen Project Presentation (Michelle Oddy, GrowGreen coordinator, Manchester City Council)
- 15:10 - 15:30 Pocket parks of Izmir: Installation of parklets as a part of URBAN GreenUP project (Berna Ataman Oflas, Izmir Metropolitan Municipality)
- 15:30 - 15:50 Parklets: The democratization of public space and the new COVID paradigm (María De Alva and John M. Francis, San Francisco Planning Department)
- 15:00 - 15:05 Welcome15:05 - 15:10 GrowGreen Project Presentatio15:50 - 16:15 Discussion and Q&A