NMS partner seminar - ITS European Congress side event: New Mobility Services in a Smart City context
On Monday 3 June 2019, the New Mobility Services (NMS) initiative - part of the European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities - organises a vibrant seminar about large-scale deployment of new mobility services in a smart city context.
As of today, we have already gained a lot of knowledge from successful projects and pilots in the field of autonomous mobility and Mobility as a Service: still, it is very difficult to bring theory to practice. The purpose of the NMS initiative is to achieve real impact by making our cities and regions better and more liveable with the use of a wide spectrum of smart mobility solutions.
The event is "first come, first served" and only 100 people can participate. NMS partners have a prerogative. The link for registration is here.
The seminar will outline the stories achievements and challenges of the seven working groups in NMS:
- On Demand - Last Mile
- Smart Parking Solutions
- Intelligent Speed Assistance
- Traffic Management of the Future
- Urban Freight Transport
- Excellent Governance for New Mobility Services
- Smart Walking and Cycling
- Herald Ruijters, Director Investment, Innovative and Sustainable Transport at DG MOVE, European Commission.
- Carlo van de Weijer, Head of the Strategic Area Smart Mobility at Eindhoven University of Technology, TU/e.
- Boaz Adank, Vice mayor of the city of Breda and representing BrabantStad
- Meike de Jong, Journalist and TV Anchor Dutch RTL
2 June 2019, Sunday (evening)
- Arrival in Eindhoven and informal get together at Usine. (optional)
3 June 2019, Monday (all day)
- 09.30 – 10.00h: Transport by bus from Eindhoven city center to Automotive Campus, Helmond (optional)
- 10.30 – 14.30h: Interactive and dynamic seminar with keynote speakers and table-sessions – including network lunch.
- 14.45 – 15.15h: Transport by bus to the Evoluon conference center and city center in Eindhoven for grand opening ITS Europe Congress. (optional)
- 16.30 - 17.30h: Opening ceremony at Evoluon conference center in Eindhoven (optional)
- 19.00 - 22.00h: Official NMS networking dinner at Home of Design https://kazerne.com/en/ for NMS partners only and with limited seats.
For the NMS programme – including bus transport, lunch and dinner - there will be no charges and the Province of Noord-Brabant will host the event.
The venue for the seminar is the Automotive Campus in Helmond.
The seminar will be on Monday 3 June 2019. The official timetable states 10.30 - 14.30h as duration of the event, but 10.00 - 15.00h should be considered instead.
Participation is not guaranteed after registration, which should be done no later than 1 May 2019. Reception of a confirmation e-mail in mid-May is the only guarantee accepted.
Prof. Mariana Mazzucato said it best: "A key lesson is that missions must be bold, activating innovation across sectors, across actors and across disciplines. They must also enable bottom-up solutions and experimentation." NMS is inspired by her story of 'a problem-solving approach to fuel innovation-led growth' to further focus on the serious deployment of new mobility services.
Apart from the NMS seminar, participants might be interested in the ITS Europe Congress as well. During the congress, NMS has also a Special Interest Session on Tuesday 4 June 2019, from 14.30 – 15.30. The ITS Europe Congress "early bird" registration is available until 26 April 2019 at https://2019.itsineurope.com.