New cooperative business models and guidance for sustainable city logistics.
NOVELOG project aimed to advance the knowledge and understanding of freight distribution and service trips. This guidance supports the implementation of effective and sustainable policies and measures and formulating detailed business plans for Urban Freight Transport measures, in a multi-stakeholder partnership. NOVELOG reaches out to the key public and private players to ensure a stakeholder-oriented and coordinated approach to city logistics.
The project developed the NOVELOG Toolkit, a decision support tool aiming to assist cities in selecting the most appropriate city logistics measure for implementation in each specific case. The toolkit is based on a large database of previous research and implementation projects undertaken at international and national levels across the EU. The information on these projects and initiatives has been recorded in two important ways: 1) the parameters of the city that affect the UFT environment and 2) the impact of the measures implemented.
- Integrated inventory of policies and measures, city typologies and impacts
- Sustainable UFT solutions in the SUMO
- Urban Freight and Service Transport in European Cities
- Evaluation of UFT policies and measures
- D7.3 Business models for urban freight transport solutions
The project was funded under the European Horizon 2020 research and innovation action programme.
- For further information, about the project, please visit the project CORDIS page