Four projects final conference: "Towards sustainable mobility - one neighbourhood at a time"
How can co-creation at the neighbourhood level help reshape urban development across Europe?
Four EU-funded projects focusing on co-creation at the neighbourhood level are delighted to invite you to their joint final event taking place on October 20 from 14.00 – 17.00 CET.
The joint neighbourhood virtual conference will showcase the processes and results of four European projects working towards better mobility solutions with people in their neighbourhoods.
Cities-4-People, Looper, Metamorphosis and SUNRISE are four projects that brought back the city to their citizens. In 21 locations across Europe and beyond, residents, stakeholders and public authorities re-assessed and re-imagined their surroundings with the guidance and support of the project teams. Together, they developed ideas for concrete measures, prioritised them and implemented them for the benefit of local air quality, accessibility, safety, social cohesion, mobile independence – in short: quality of life.
DOWNLOAD THE DRAFT AGENDA!
During the event, participants will have the possibility to further explore the process and the methodology developed by the four projects working closely with the citizens. There will be five different break-out sessions where participants can join:
- Level the playing field and invest in citizen participation. Moderator: Imre Keseru – Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
- The benefits of the neighbourhood level, co-creation and participation and education. Moderator: Kristin Tovaas - Rupprecht Consult
- Ensure diversity, inclusivity and allow experiments in communities. Moderator: Susanne Wrighton - Austrian Mobility Research, FGM-AMOR
- Look at the big picture and be where the people are. Moderator Graham Stanley - Oxfordshire County Council
- Manage expectations - evaluate and value the interpersonal and social results. Moderator: Joe Ravetz - University of Manchester
Each session will last one hour and will allow participants to interactively engage in the discussion. Participants will have the chance to ask questions, learn about projects stories and processes and take part in how the co-creation approach at the neighbourhood level can help reshape urban development across Europe.
Register here to attend the conference and choose your breakout room!