ELIPTIC policy recommendation brochure available now
The ELIPTIC policy recommendation brochure aims at sharing the insights of the project's use cases with regards to the electrification of bus fleets in cities and how existing electric public transport systems can be used for the charging of other electric vehicles.
After explaining the benefits of electric public transport and the state of play in Europe, the brochure gives more detailed recommendations on a series of topics including:
- Technical constraints and obstacles
- Cost comparison between using energy from the public distribution and public transport grid
- Unclear organisational roles for public transport operators
- Procurement and market situation: lack of standards and suppliers
- Regulatory challenges
- Shortcomings of the existing legal framework
The brochure can be downloaded from the ELIPTIC website, here.