LEVITATE webinar: Building a dialogue with the LEVITATE cities
LEVITATE webinar will explain the principles of backcasting for automated vehicles and a policy support tool.
Date: 7 April 2022
Time: 14.00-15.30 CEST
From a cities’ perspective the advent of Corporate, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM) is not a strategic goal in itself. Rather, CCAM may be welcome if it can contribute to the city’s goals about sustainability and liveability.
An increasing market penetration of automated vehicles may enter into conflict with the strategic goals of a city, particularly in the absence of regulation. The backcasting methodology of LEVITATE addresses how to define feasible paths of interventions, starting from a set of quantified goals.
LEVITATE is a Horizon 2020 project building tools to help European cities, regions and national governments prepare for a future with more automated vehicles in passenger cars.
This webinar will enable you to learn about the principles of backcasting. It shows how a dialogue with city authorities can lead to valuable qualitative inputs for research. As an example, the results for the city of Vienna will be discussed, including a detailed case study.
- Introduction to LEVITATE | Andrew Morris, Loughborough University
- An overview of the backcasting approach and its application to the city of Vienna | Martin Zach, AIT
- Combining methods and models to obtain quantitative results for impacts | Martin Zach, AIT
- A user-friendly tool for forecasting impacts and backcasting – the LEVITATE Policy Support Tool | Apostolos Ziakopoulos, NTUA
- Next steps for the Vienna investigation | Gerald Richter and Johannes Müller, AIT