LENS 1st Stakeholder Event
The LENS project warmly invites you to join its First Stakeholder Event on the minimisation of noise pollution and emissions from LVs!
15 March 2023, 12:00-13:30 CET
Online and at POLIS Offices in Brussels - Rue du Trône 98 (The event will be hybrid and recorded)
Contact Antonios Tsiligiannis to REGISTER: email@example.com
The EU Horizon Europe project LENS aims at assisting law enforcement, cities, and regulatory authorities to reduce the contribution of L-category vehicles – LVs (mopeds, motorcycles, tricycles, and quadri-mobiles) to noise and air pollution.
LENS kicked off in September 2022 and continues until August 2025.
The project has now started developing and applying techniques to monitor noise nuisance and emissions of LVs. This will enable to:
- examine emissions and noise performance under real-life driving conditions,
- deploy methods to identify tampered vehicles,
- provide recommendations on how to control the contribution of current and future LVs,
- and, ultimately, provide information on different policy options for regulators, cities, and authorities.
For this event, we are targeting personnel representing municipal, city, and regional authorities, regulators, and #policymakers. We are, also, inviting #researchers and representatives from other sectors to join the discussion, such as the automotive industry and law enforcement representatives.
This event is organised jointly with the POLIS Working Group on Air Quality & Clean Vehicles: cities and regions who are members of POLIS and involved in this WG will join the event as well to exchange with the project community on L-vehicles and related challenges. The event is part of their regular WG meetings, and will follow an internal discussion on recent European policy developments and lessons learnt on air quality management. More information on this WG meeting is available here (for POLIS members only).
- 12:00 Introducing LENS - presentation of the project (Leonidas Ntziachristos, EMISIA), its City Platform and stakeholder engagement group (Antonios Tsiligiannis, POLIS)
- 12:30 Open discussion with cities and other stakeholders and small survey/quiz
- 13:20 Closing remarks and next steps
- 13:30 End
Note: This event is a follow-up to enlarge the audience of the project, after the first fully online workshop in December 2022.