"Electromobility in practice – solutions, experiences & lessons learnt" - Joint CleanMobilEnergy & SEEV4-City Electromobility Workshop
Two European INTERREG project, CleanMobilEnergy and SEEV4-City organised a joint workshop "Electromobility in practice – solutions, experiences & lessons learnt" in Paris on 17 October 2018.
Both projects are focused on piloting electric vehicle to grid connection, renewable energy production and use for transport and its storage, and peak shaving energy management system that reduces peak demand of the power usage.
The event brough together local governaments, and experts working in operational pilots across Europe in the two projects.
The workshop mixed different formats, and looked at:
- City dialogue session: Electromobility charging infrastructure and smart energy management technology solutions piloted across European cities.
- Expert discussion in small groups among public authorities and other electromobility experts on:
- City needs & requirements;
- Intelligent Energy Management System;
- Social and societal acceptance;
- Policy context ;
- Business models;
- EU legal aspects
- Business models and policy recommendations
The final agenda can be viewed here.
A description of the breakout sessions can be found here.
The event was followed by an expert roundtable on "E-mobility Roll-out in Cities" at AUTONOMY & the Urban Mobility Summit.
"Electromobility roll-out in Cities" roundtable at AUTONOMY & the Urban Mobility Summit, 18 October 2018
On 18 October 2018 Polis hosted an expert roundtable on "Electromobility roll-out in cities" at AUTONOMY & the Urban Mobility Summit.
The event was chaired by Karen Vancluysen, Secretary General, Polis.
The speakers line up:
- David Talbot, European Research Coordinator, Transport for London
- Angel López Rodríguez, Director Electric Vehicle Program, Barcelona City Council
- Doede Bardok, Amsterdam EV Programme Manager, City of Amsterdam
- Eduardo Mascarell, Head of Vehicle to Grid and Stationary Storage, Nissan Automotive Europe
- Petar Georgiev, Electromobility Advisor, Eurelectric
- Bram van Eijsden, Project Manager Innovation, Stichting E-laadNL
Representatives of the public and private sector have exchanged their views and ideas about responsibilities and roles of the different actors involved in deplyoing electromobility solutions and powering alternative mobilty offers (carshare) with sustainable energy, main challenges associated with peak energy demand in cities and smart energy demand management technology, and best solutions to adop in urban areas.
CleanMobilEnergy and SEEV4-City are two projects funded respectively by the Interreg North-West Europe and North Sea Region Programmes. They are piloting Smart Energy Management Systems integrating renewable energy and electric vehicles across 10 sites in norther Europe.
Find out more on the two project websites at CleanMobilEnergy and SEEV4-City