Through a Project Call, POLIS and Environmental Defense Fund Europe are looking for innovative projects contributing to the design and implementation of ZEZ-Fs in European cities and regions.
Local authorities need guidance and tools for understanding their unique air pollution challenges, and for integrating and implementing innovative measures in their urban transport policies. The SURF project will select three local public authorities to develop tangible and tailored ‘instant projects’, which will consist of small-scale projects and studies that help cities take a step toward adopting a roadmap for zero-emission zones for freight.
The instant projects will either replicate best practices from other cities or propose innovative ideas. They should:
- be feasible in a short time (3-5 months)
- have relevance to ZEZ-Fs
- bring benefits to the project community, in terms of knowledge and lessons learned
- be for cities in the EU27
The selected projects will each receive a budget of € 10.000.
The SURF project will offer additional support through the project team and a pool of paid external experts. These experts will be available to carry out training, studies, on-demand technical assistance and to organise tailored technical meetings for city planners, business leaders and other freight decision-makers. Read the full call for experts here.
If you have experience in providing technical advisory support on urban freight, feel free to express your interest by mean of this form. We will assess your profile and contact you when a selected city or project matches your expertise.
SURF will support community building, to create a network consisting of experts, end users and case owners gathered in the framework of the activities of this project and similar ones.
- Tailored Technical meetings. Highly interactive and focused technical discussions with a small group of practitioners. They address specific measures and solutions in detail through a practical and hands-on approach.
- On-demand technical assistance. These provide for feedback from experts/peers on a specific measure they have in mind or would like to know all details about a solution it has seen implemented elsewhere.
Download the full call for Instant Projects and the application form here.
Do you have any doubts or questions? Check out the FAQ here. For further clarification, please contact Project Manager Sandra Rothbard at firstname.lastname@example.org.