The aim? To deliver a cohesive and coordinated approach to research and innovation strategies for all transport modes in Europe.
SETRIS project - The Strengthening European Transport Research and Innovation Strategies - was funded under the European Union (EU)’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation Programme, specifically targeted at strengthening the research and innovation strategies of the transport industries in Europe.
The project assisted the 5 European Technological Platforms (ETPs) to define their common research steps for strategy and programmes in alignment.
SETRIS focused on the following objectives:
- Identify synergies between the transport European Technology Platforms (ETPs) strategic and research and innovation agendas (SRIAs) and between these and relevant national platforms
- Review and update the existing SRIAs for each of the transport ETPs within a multi-modal and integrated transport system framework
- Benchmark past and present research initiatives affecting the achievement of integrated transport SRIAs and market uptake
- Define comprehensive, credible and realistic implementation plans for each SRIAs in a coordinated framework for running ETPs
- Support, shape and contribute to future TRA events
- Truly integrated long-distance transport system
- Truly integrated urban transport system
- Establishment of a cross-modal permanent group of stakeholders and experts in long-distance freight transport.
- Recommendations for a sustainable TRA business model