The Thinking City of today: one month until 2014 Polis Conference
Traditionally, the Annual Polis Conferences' technical programme features a selection of innovative topics on urban mobility identified by Polis members. Themes covered in 2014 include parking management, electromobility, urban freight, SUMPs, traffic management and open specifications, open data, interchanges, bikesharing, transport & health, and many others. Don't miss:
- Centro's approach to behaviour change,
- the evolving Tel Aviv Yafo bike network, and
- how Madrid uses open data and social networks to innovate passenger transport.
...complemented with high level panel debates:
In addition to technical sessions, an impressive list of high level speakers will contribute to the panel debates:
- Opening plenary: "Thinking the City of today: societal trends and innovative solutions for future sustainable urban and regional mobility”
- Closing plenary: "What policy and research agenda in the new European legislative term to support sustainable urban and regional mobility?"
High level speakers include:
- Ana Botella Serrano (Mayor of Madrid),
- Ana María Pastor Julián (Minister of Public Works and Transport, Spain),
- Magda Kopczynska (Director, European Commission DG MOVE),
- Francesca Racioppi (Senior Policy and Programme Adviser, World Health Organisation),
- Pierre Serne (Vice-President Ile de France Region),
- Gerrit Riemer (Director Future Mobility General Motors),
- José Viegas (Secretary General International Transport Forum),
- Marcia Pincus (US Department of Transport),
- Pascal Smet (Minister Brussels Capital Region),
- Sir Albert Bore (Leader Birmingham City Council),
- Mark Major (European Commission, Unit Clean Transport and Sustainable Urban Mobility), and
- Christine Revault D'Allonnes Bonnefoy (Member European Parliament Transport Committee).