Apply for TANGENT's Call for Stakeholders
The TANGENT project is looking for stakeholders to join its forum. This is an Advisory Group counselling and supporting project activities.
What are the benefits?
- Networking opportunities across Europe
- Access to cutting-edge research on traffic operations
- Integrating the outputs and tools developed by TANGENT into their local policy
- Primary access to project results: Policy recommendations, replication guidelines and any other information produced to support cities’ transport development
What are the duties?
- Support the tasks’ development: providing requirements, reviewing objectives, providing help to overcome problems, etc.
- Contribute to the dissemination, exploitation and communication of the results, including providing input in the preparation of 4 thematic webinars
- Help identify market opportunities for the TANGENT results and the definition of new business models
- Ensure an external and independent view and feedback regarding the project's progress and its results
If you want to join the TANGENT Forum, please complete the form below:
TANGENT stands for Enhanced Data Processing Techniques for Dynamic Management of Multimodal Traffic Flows. The project is funded by the European Commission DG MOVE, under the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, and started in September 2021.
European cities face significant transport challenges, including safety, greenhouse gas emissions, congestion, and the emergence of disruptive technologies and new mobility modes. Despite the high availability of data, the information exchange, cooperation, and synchronization between different transport modes is still low. As a result, there is a lack of coordination between supply & demand from a multimodal perspective and generally a low efficiency in urban transport systems. The response to disruptive events needs to be improved to enhance the resilience of the overall transport network.
TANGENT develops new tools to optimize traffic operations in a coordinated and dynamic way from a multimodal perspective, including automated/non-automated vehicles, passengers, and freight transport. The project is expected to enhance multimodal networks for passengers and freight, reduce congestion, mitigate greenhouse gas emissions, improve safety and security, and decrease the cost of mobility for all, amongst others.
- Funding: European Union Horizon 2020 Programme, Grant Agreement No 955273
- Budget: EUR 4.8 mn
- Duration: September 2021 – August 2024
- Partnership: Belgium, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom
- Case studies’ cities: Lisbon, Great Manchester, Rennes, Athens.
Visit the website for more information on the project: https://tangent-h2020.eu/