E-scooters webinar: the challenges and opportunities of new mobility modes
New mobility modes, such as e-scooters, have expanded very fast in cities in developed and developing countries. These new mobility modes pose both opportunities and challenges for sustainable urban mobility that need to be addressed in a way that supports innovative approaches, provides flexibility and adapts quickly to the changing environments and industries. At the same time, the regulations need to ensure that their use does not compromise neither safety, nor public space.
In this context, the Urban Pathways Project, funded by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) from the German Ministry of Environment and implemented by the Wuppertal Institute and UN Habitat, has put together a webinar, intended for city-level officials and technical staff, where representatives from European and Latin American municipalities, e-scooters operators, as well as from research institutions will share their views and experience on how to regulate these new modes in an effective manner.
The webinar, titled "E-scooters webinar: the challenges and opportunities of new mobility modes" will take place on Wednesday 19 June 2019, 15:00-17:00 (CEST).
It will be moderated by María Rosa Muñoz, Research Fellow at the Wuppertal Institute, and it will count on the inputs of:
- Alvin Mejía, Research Fellow at the Mobility and International Cooperation Unit of the Wuppertal Institute
- Stephen Perkins, Head of the International Transport Forum (ITF) Research Centre
- Rogério Carvalho, Advisor at the Transport Company of Belo Horizonte (BHTRANS)
- Emma Silver, Government Partnerships at BIRD
- Matthias Van Wijnendaele, Cycling policy advisor to the Mobility Minister of the Brussels Region
How to participate?
Register here! After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.