DATEX II Forum
There will be two urban sessions in which the following topics will be discussed:
- EV charging points (Kjersti Leiren Boag, NPRA, NO)
- DATEX II as a source for displaying travel times on VMS (Kjersti Leiren Boag, NPRA, NO)
- Parking data harmonization – The Alliance, Progress and DATEX II (Jonathan Harrod Booth, Harrod Booth Consulting, UK)
- Implementing automated vehicles in urban public transportation (Anna Antonakopoulou, ICCS, GR)
- DATEX II model for status and faults (Jörg Freudenstein, Albrecht Consult, DE)
- Use of DATEX II for urban traffic light control (Rudi Tegenbos, Thauro, BE)
- UTMC extension model for traffic signal status (Ian Cornwell, Highways England, UK)
The aim is to draw conclusions on what cities need from DATEX II and how DATEX II can help cities.
DATEX was originally designed and developed as a traffic and travel data exchange mechanism by a European task force set up to standardise the interface between traffic control and information centres. DATEX II has since become the reference for all applications requiring access to dynamic traffic and travel related information in Europe. The aim is that by 2020 DATEX II is THE information model for road traffic and travel information in Europe.
Polis is a member of the DATEX II Stakeholder Advisory Board.
Visit http://www.datex2.eu/content/datex-ii-2018-forum-invitation for further details.