TANGENT Launches a Traffic Management Webinar Series
TANGENT is organising a webinar series on network and traffic management!
TANGENT is an EU-funded project that aims to optimise multimodal transport network management. The project is launching a webinar series on network and traffic management that will span between the end of 2023 and the first half of 2024.
The four-part series aims to present key project results and tools developed, collecting feedback from stakeholders and experts.
- Webinar 1, ‘Navigating through Network and Traffic Management: An Urban Phenomenon’, is an introductory webinar on network and traffic management made for everyone working in the mobility and transport sector.
- Webinars 2 and 3 focus on the technical aspects of the TANGENT project, involving topics such as ‘Real-Time Traffic Modelling and Forecasting Tools’ and ‘Transport Network Optimization and Arbitration Models’.
- Webinar 4, ‘Integrated Tool for Cooperative Traffic Management and Results of Case Study Implementation’, will give an in-depth overview of the tool developed within the TANGENT project through case study implementation in Rennes, Lisbon, Greater Manchester, and Athens.
An accessible first webinar to introduce network and traffic management
TANGENT has invited two speakers to present network and traffic management at the urban level. They will give an overview of what "network and traffic management" involves, how a metropolitan area, like Greater Manchester, approaches traffic management and what exactly they do in their control room, and how policies at the EU level impact local traffic management.
Laura Babío (Project Manager - Coordinator Just Transition Taskforce and Co-coordinator Traffic Efficiency Working Group, POLIS Network)
Hannah Tune (Intelligent Transport Systems Development Manager, Transport for Greater Manchester)
- Title: Navigating through Network and Traffic Management: An Urban Phenomenon
- Wed, 15 November from 14:00 – 15:00 CET
- This event is tailor-made for everyone working in the mobility sector (this will not be a technical webinar!).
- Register here