TIDE Invitation to Innovative Cities
The EU TIDE project is currently accepting applications for up to 50 cities to join its Circle of Innovative Cities for learning and exchange in the following thematic areas:
Road and parking pricing as demand management measures
Advanced traffic management for traveller information systems
Public transport organisation
Participating cities will learn about the latest innovations in sustainable transport in Europe and about how to successfully transfer good ideas from one city to another. They will benefit from the knowledge and experience of other cities and share their own expertise. Travel and accommodation subsidies are available.
- Innovative ideas and how to take advantage of them – An interactive workshop on innovative transport measures and how to transfer them, 12-13 November 2013 – Stuttgart, Germany
- Making innovation reality, a first-hand view – A topic-specific site visit and workshop, Spring 2014 – visits to TIDE partner cities Budapest, Donostia-San Sebastian, Milan, Reading, Rotterdam (specific dates and locations TBC, depending on topic area)
- Putting it all together – A workshop on integrating transport innovation and sustainable urban mobility planning, Spring 2015 – location TBC
What we offer:
- Topical site visits and presentations in the context of the workshops
- Exchange with other cities in person at workshops and virtually between workshops
- International networking opportunities
- First-hand information on the latest research and implementation on a range of sustainable mobility measures
- Training and a handbook on how to transfer innovative mobility measures from one city to another
- Training and a handbook on how to apply cost-benefit analysis to transport initiatives
- E-learning courses, webinars and resource materials for you and your colleagues
- The opportunity to participate directly in developing innovative mobility for Europe
- The TIDE project has some resources available to reimburse travel and accommodation costs for workshops.
What we ask of you:
- Attendance at 2 workshops between November 2013 and the end of 2014 (the third workshop in 2015 is optional)
- Completion of a questionnaire prior to each workshop (to structure the workshop and provide a starting point for discussion)
- Preparation before each workshop (i.e. reading briefing documents, possibly preparing a short presentation)
Who is eligible:
Applicants can be any local or regional public authority responsible for urban transport issues, i.e. municipalities, regions, public transport authorities or public agencies) or NGOs with a letter from the local authority supporting their participation. Applicants may be from the EU28, Iceland, Montenegro,
Serbia, FYROM, Turkey, Switzerland, Norway, Israel, Albania or Moldova.
Member selection for the TIDE Circle of Innovative Cities will be based on creating a good balance of innovative cities – geographically, by city size and across the TIDE topic areas.
All activities will take place in English.
Please send your completed application form to Ivo Cré at: email@example.com by Friday 20 September 2013.
Further details and the application form can be found here: http://www.tide-innovation.eu/en/News/TIDE-call-for-Circle-of-Innovative-Cities-now-open/