Polis is recruiting a project officer
Polis is the leading network of European cities and regions working together to develop innovative technologies, policies and solutions for sustainable urban transport. Our aim is to improve local transport through integrated strategies, taking into account the economic, social and environmental issues at stake.
Polis fosters cooperation and partnerships across Europe with the aim of making research and innovation accessible to cities and regions.
For its Brussels office, Polis is looking for a project officer that will be employed on a full time short-term contract (12 months with the possibility of an extension).
The main tasks associated with the position involve:
- developing communication strategies and tools for EU funded urban transport projects (including coordination with web designers and communication agencies, management and maintenance of project websites, drafting of publications, organisation of project events, etc.);
- establishing and coordinating relations with project partners and transport stakeholders;
- organising training and capacity building activities in the field of urban transport;
- developing policy recommendations.
Candidates with a background, experience and/or strong interest in urban mobility, sustainable development, or environment or energy are particularly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- a university degree;
- some years of working experience;
- experience with European projects management;
- experience with developing communication tools in English, i.e. drafting newsletter articles, press releases, website content, brochures, etc.;
- an excellent command of English; knowledge of additional European languages will be an asset;
- very good analytical skills;
- a strong ability to work under pressure and be involved in a range of various activities.
Ideally, he/should be able to join the Polis team in February 2015.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation together with a CV before 31 December 2014 to Karen Vancluysen, Polis Executive Director, rue du Trône 98, 1050 Brussels, email@example.com
See also: https://www.polisnetwork.eu/about/jobs