Policy paper on automated vehicles
The policy paper, issued by the association of North American City Transportation Officials/NACTO, calls for using automated vehicles to build the cities we want, instead of adapting cities to automated vehicles.
NACTO's policy recommendations include:
- Planning for fully automated vehicles, not half-measures
- Rethinking our streets and expressways
- Ensuring safe operation on city streets, including limiting automated vehicles to 25 MPH
- Creating data-sharing requirements
- Changing planning models to incorporate the expected disruptive impact of this technology
To view the policy paper, click here.