Join the Transport Research Arena 2018 – Vienna, 16-19 April
This International Event combines a 4 Day Conference with an Industrial Exhibition, Hands-on Research and Live Demonstration in the new Interactive Zone, various side events, technical tours and two TRA Vision Awards.
TRA 2018 is an arena for researchers, companies and public authorities active in the field of transport. It welcomes policy makers and stakeholders framing research and transport policy. More than 3,000 experts will discuss new mobility solutions for society, economy and the environment and will gain extraordinary insights into crucial topics and transformation processes, such as automated driving, decarbonisation, logistics, transport infrastructure and enabling technologies.
Transport Research Arena 2018 highlights:
- Opening Session with keynote speech by Futurist Gerd Leonhard
- Discussion of high level representatives at the Industrial Round Table: “Europe on the Move”
- More than 600 Scientific Presentations and Posters in 4 days
- 7.000 m² exhibition including a Marketplace for Networking Activities and Industrial Posters
- Interactive Zone with more than 40 indoor and outdoor demonstrations and live showcases to be experienced as well as live presentations or discussions
Polis will also be represented at the TRA 2018. The VitalNodes project, which promotes efficient and sustainable last-mile freight delivery at the nodes of the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T), will be present with a poster and a table at the CEDR-stand. Additionally, VitalNodes will give a 15 minutes live presentation at the Commission stand on 19 April during the lunch break (11:45-12:45).
Additionally, Polis Secretary General Karen Vancluysen will moderate a high level strategic session on ‘Innovative Governance for Sustainable Urban Mobility”, in which Polis members Gothenburg and Manchester will intervene on "integrating innovation in local transport policy" and "the role and potential of transport in the Smart City". The session will take place on Monday 16 April (15:00-16:30).
Early bid registrations are available until January 29th, 2018. Find more information on the event website.