INCLUSION: a new H2020 project on accessible and inclusive public transport
INCLUSION stands for Towards more accessIble and iNCLUSIve mObility solutions for EuropeaN prioritized Areas. INCLUSION is a 3-years project that will address a number of challenges related to the accessibility of public transport in remote urban/rural areas and neighborhoods.
The project will investigate the current conditions across a representative set of European prioritised areas, understanding the relevant needs of various vulnerable user and social groups and assessing how novel transport solutions involving social innovation and ICT tools can help raise the level of accessibility, inclusiveness and equity of mobility.
The project will produce a set of innovative solutions which will be tested in the so-called Innovation Pilot Labs, a mix of urban, peri-/sub-urban and rural target areas in Europe:
- Rhein-Sieg region - Germany
- Flanders region - Belgium
- Budapest urban area – Hungary
- Florence metropolitan area – Italy
- Barcelona peri-urban area and neighbouring conurbation – Spain
- Cairngorms Natural Park rural area – UK, Scotland
The project expects to:
- understand the main transport challenges in different types of prioritised areas.
- provide an in-depth examination of ten innovative public transport approaches and a wider catalogue of at least forty case studies of accessible, inclusive and equitable transport solutions.
- deliver a set of recommendations and mobility solutions for vulnerable users’ communities.
The project’s consortium is coordinated by SOFTECO SISMAT, a leading innovation company in the ICT and engineering market based in Italy, and comprises SMEs, research institutes, transport and mobility organisations, networks of cities and regions such as Polis.
The project website will be launched December 2017.