2013 Polis Conference: Call for Abstracts
The conference will provide an excellent opportunity for cities, metropolitan areas and regions to showcase their transport achievements to a large audience and for the wider transport community to engage with representatives of city and regional authorities on innovative transport solutions. The conference will offer a mix of high-level plenary sessions, with prominent figures debating topical issues, and a wide selection of technical sessions showing innovation in policy and practice across the local transport spectrum.
The call for speakers is covering a wide range of topics open under the core Polis themes of 'environment & health', 'traffic efficiency & mobility', 'road safety' and 'social and economic challenges', including:
- Reducing the cost of ITS delivery - new services and business models
- Objective-led ITS deployment, including the use of ITS to promote modal shift
- Electro-mobility: business models, deployment experiences & plans, charging infrastructures, service integration
- Active travel for health and the integration of health in transport planning
- Incentives and strategies for clean vehicle fleets
- Road safety and vulnerable road users
- Urban transport pricing policy and practice
- New approaches to the organisation of public transport
For the full call for speakers and online abstract submission procedure, click here.
The closing date for abstract submissions is 7 June 2013.