Public transport & COVID-19: What happened and what will happen?
Join the kick-off webinar of the Public Transport Lab, POLIS' new series on the future of public transport.
Friday 17 September, 10:00-11:30 CEST.
This first webinar of the Public Transport Lab series will have a look at what has happened to public transport during the COVID-crisis, what we can learn from that experience, and how to best move forward to secure a sustainable recovery.
How are cities and public transport operators rebuilding what has always been and should remain the backbone of a sustainable urban mobility ecosystem? What possible future scenarios are we looking at and should we be working towards? How can learning from the recent past pave the way for a more resilient public transport future? And what innovations can give public transport that extra competitive edge?
These and other questions will be discussed on the basis of concrete experiences from the POLIS membership and beyond.
The agenda includes:
- Future public transport in Norway 2025. Looking into the implications of changing travel patterns and public transport's role as engine for economic and social development, Olov Grøtting, CEO, Public Transport Norway
- Västtrafik – Mobility for a sustainable future, Roger Vahnberg, Senior Vice President, Västtrafik AB
- Learning from the past: Understanding ridership changes in public transport during the COVID-19 pandemic using the examples of Vienna, Innsbruck, Oslo and Agder, Ioana Sinziana Rasca, University of Agder & Karin Markvica, Austrian Institute of Technology
- Lessons learned during the COVID-crisis and plans for a sustainable recovery, Sergio Fernández Balaguer, EMT Madrid
- Relaunching public transport after COVID-19: impacts and actions at the EU level, Giacomo Lozzi, Senior Project Manager, POLIS