European Road Safety Summer School 2019 - Integrated approach to road safety
Road safety progress in the European Union has stagnated for the last four years. Only urgent measures will reduce the 500 deaths that occur on EU roads every week. The Safe System approach is internationally considered to be best practice in road safety. In the European Road Safety Summer School attendees will learn how to successfully implement this strategy in their country or region.
The ERSSS is an international 5-day course on road safety and mobility issues with excellent speakers, lots of examples from across Europe and beyond and ample networking opportunities.
If you are a mobility manager or a road safety professional and you want to expand your expertise and learn from other countries how to tackle road deaths, the summer school is the place for you.
The European Road Safety Summer School (ERSSS) is an initiative of the VSV (Flemish Foundation for Traffic Knowledge), ETSC, Polis, IMOB and Road Safety GB.
"I learned a lot about road safety and I will try to implement this in my country. It was an amazing experience!"
- Fernando Hiro, University of São Paulo
How to participate
You can still benefit of reduced registration fees until 1 July 2019.
- 26.08.2019 - Introduction, vision and strategy
- 27.08.2019 - Education, awareness raising and infrastructure
- 28.08.2019 - Excursion Hasselt: Transportation Research Institute and city centre
- 29.08.2019 - Technologies, enforcement and integrated policy
- 30.08.2019 - Excursion Brussels: the European framework
Contact the Flemish Foundation for Traffic Knowledge directly at firstname.lastname@example.org