International Road Transport Union: Coronavirus Information Hub
The International Road Transport Union (IRU) has launched the COVID-19 Info Hub, a global source of first-hand, real-time updates by, and for, the commercial road transport sector. The Info Hub gives IRU members, partners and the companies, workers and friends of road transport a global perspective, with the latest information on the crisis. During this unprecedented situation, we are working together for a world in motion.
The Info Hub features a range of updates on road transport, including:
- Flash info: Regular updates from IRU's global network of members. Normally accessible to IRU members only, this is now open to all, providing real time country-by-country updates on the situation on roads, at borders and with changes to rules and restrictions for road transport operators
- News updates: Press releases, statements and updates on lobbying activities related to COVID-19 are also on the Info Hub for easy access in one place.
- Social media: Quick links to IRU’s social media platforms, with COVID-19 updates and news
The Info Hub will also feature updates from IRU partner organisations and institutions, including:
- UNECE Observatory on Border Crossings Status: Information on border crossings from government authorities, the European Commission, as well as IRU
- World Health Organization: Rolling updates on protective measures, travel advice and other actions to be safe on the road
- European Commission: Updated information on mobility measures implemented or announced by EU member states
- International Transport Forum: Information on road transport, including updates from ECMT member countries
- World Trade Organization: Updates regarding trade measures and member country notifications related to COVID-19
- World Customs Organization: Updates on customs, temporary export controls and links to national customs authority COVID-19 web pages.
You can find the Info Hub here.