The goal? To foster Future Research, Advanced Development and Implementation Activities for Road Transport.
FUTURE-RADAR aimed to support the European Technology Platform ERTRAC (the European Road Transport Research Advisory Council) and the European Green Vehicle Initiative PPP to create and implement the needed research and innovation strategies for a sustainable and competitive European road transport system.
Linking all relevant stakeholders FUTURE-RADAR provided the consensus-based plans and roadmaps addressing the key societal, environmental, economic and technological challenges in areas such as road transport safety, urban mobility, long-distance freight transport, automated road transport, global competitiveness and all issues related to energy and environment.
FUTURE-RADAR also allows the exchange between cities in Europa, Asia and Latin America on urban electric mobility solutions. The FUTURE-RADAR activities included project monitoring, strategic research agendas, international assessments and recommendations for innovation deployment as well as the twinning of international projects and comprehensive dissemination and awareness activities. It also provided the best opportunity to maintain, strengthen and widen the activities to further develop the multi-stakeholder road transport research area, for the high-quality research of societal and industrial relevance in Europe.
To know more about the project, FUTURE-RADAR reports are available:
- D2.2 Report on Best Practices in the European Value Chain (June 2019)
- Report: Global city-to-city cooperation on sustainable mobility
- European Competitiveness in the urban deployment of cooperative, connected and automated mobility
- Recommendations for the deployment of innovative road transport solutions in Europe
The project received €3.5 million in funding from European Union’s Horizon 2020.
- For further information, please visit the CORDIS page, the FUTURE-RADAR website or contact Karen Vancluysen and Ivo Cré.