The goal? To explore the role of cooperative ITS systems (C-ITS) in supporting city authorities, both in managing their transport networks and the delivery of other transport-linked services.
CIMEC - Cooperative ITS for Mobility in European Cities - reached out to key stakeholder groups (both public and private) to ensure a smooth and cost-effective deployment of C-ITS in cities around Europe. CIMEC brought together key collaborative institutions, supported by a panel of core cities and by the European city network Polis.
The objectives of CIMEC were:
- capture and document a set of realistic use cases for C-ITS in cities, supported by robust business cases
- identify practical project structures which enable the deployment of these use cases
- identify ways emerging standards for C-ITS will affect, and should respond to, urban systems and processes
- show possible system architecture and workflow of C-ITS support systems
- promote multi-sector stakeholder dialogue, engagement and collaboration
The principal output of the project is a roadmap for city deployment of C-ITS which has been validated against user needs and technology maturity and captured in meaningful project descriptions. Developing a single, coherent narrative and communicating it effectively to all relevant stakeholder groups, ensures that standards, product development, project management, and policy goals are fully aligned across the European urban C-ITS context. CIMEC's final roadmap is available here
CIMEC's latest deliverables:
- City status and requirements: this deliverable summarizes the city workshops and the cities' inputs
- Report on common results and regional differences: this report presents common views and regional differences as well as recommendations and expectations of local and regional suppliers of C-ITS end-to-end solutions for cities.
- City Pool Report: Report on the purpose and work of the City Pool, which was established to give a wider base for gathering needs and requirements, defining use cases with suppliers and defining potential C-ITS solutions.
The project was funded by the European Horizon 2020 Coordination and Support action programme.
- For further information, please visit CIMEC's website or the CORDIS page