Views sought on call topics for urban accessibility, connectivity and mobility
An open, online consultation has been set up in order to get advice and feedback for the preparation of a transnational, European call for RDI (Research/Development/Innovation) proposals dedicated to urban accessibility and connectivity and to urban mobility.
Twenty-one national research and innovation funding agencies from 16 European countries (mainly members of the Joint Programming Initiative Urban Europe ) and the European Commission have earmarked a budget of about 25 million EUR, in order to support between 15 and 20 transnational RDI projects. The call for proposals is currently planned to be launched in mid-December 2019.
A preliminary description of the call content, in terms of topics, has already been drafted. It is broken down into six main challenges, each tackling specific aspects and issues of urban accessibility and connectivity:
- Challenge 1: integrated approaches and solutions;
- Challenge 2: the impacts on sustainability and access for all;
- Challenge 3: the transformation of urban spaces and conflicts on space usage;
- Challenge 4: limiting vulnerability and enhancing resilience;
- Challenge 5: innovative policy options and coordination of stakeholders;
- Challenge 6 behaviour and changes in mobility practices.
Read the draft call topics and take part in the survey
The preliminary version of the call topics should be consulted before answering the questionnaire.
The questionnaire will stay online and available until 23 of October 2019.