Vacancy: Polis is recruiting a policy officer
Polis is the leading network of European cities and regions working together to develop innovative technologies, policies and solutions for sustainable urban transport. Our aim is to improve local transport through integrated strategies, taking into account the economic, social and environmental issues at stake. Polis fosters cooperation and partnerships across Europe with the aim of making research and innovation accessible to cities and regions.
For its Brussels office, Polis is looking for a policy officer that will be employed on a full time short-term contract of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
The main tasks associated with the position involve:
- Coordinate and further develop Polis representation towards the European institutions at a political level;
- Monitor relevant European policy developments;
- Contribute to formulating and promoting Polis position papers and responses to consultations on relevant European policies;
- Support the director in managing relations with local political representatives from Polis members;
- Develop and manage relations with Polis members’ representatives and offices in Brussels;
- Contribute to European project dissemination and communication activities.
Candidates with experience, a strong interest and background in sustainable development, mobility or energy are especially encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- Significant work experience in European public affairs, ideally in representing an association and within the transport or sustainable development field;
- Very good analytical and writing skills;
- A strong ability to work under pressure in a political environment and to be involved in a wide range of activities;
- Experience in drafting papers, newsletters, press releases, website content in English;
- Experience in managing relations with the European institutions at a political level;
- A relevant university degree;
- An excellent command of English; knowledge of other European languages will be an asset.
He/she should be able to join the Polis team in February 2015.
Applicants are expected to send a letter of motivation together with a CV before 31 December 2014 to Karen Vancluysen, Polis Executive Director, Rue du Trône 98, B-1050 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also: https://www.polisnetwork.eu/about/jobs