Smart Cities' event and TRACE Tracking Tools seminar
This interactive event on Smart Mobility Services will take place on the 22nd November from 10.00 to 16.00 in Brussels. The purpose of the meeting is to focus on building the marketplace for smart mobility services and roll-out action. There will be a general presentation to get to know new initiatives and Smart Mobility Services members (including smart mobility services initiatives in the H2020- TRACE, EMPOWER and OPTICITIES projects).
The event will feature a mix of discussions with a specific emphasis on:
- Citizen-centered approach to data
- In-depth discussions on tools validation
- Take-up and up-scaling of business models
Polis and Polis' members Bologna and Southend-on-sea are involved in the TRACE project. The aim of the project is to assess the potential of movement tracking services to better plan and promote walking and cycling in cities, has so far developed 3 tools:
- Positive Drive – using positive incentives, such as prizes, to motivate people to move more sustainably
- Traffic Snake Game - encouraging primary school pupils to travel more sustainably to school
- Cycle-to-shop initiative – rewarding citizens for cycling by giving them discounts in shops
The meeting on Smart Mobility Services will serve as a seminar to validate those tools by getting feedback from external stakeholders.
The final objective of the meeting is to take stock of the contribution of each initiative to the EIP-SCC 2016 Roadmap and start co-creating the 2017 Roadmap.
The meeting will be followed by the Smart Cities Networking Cocktail side event (17.00-19.30) at the House of Dutch Provinces, Rue de Treves 59/61, Brussels.