Registrations open for Polis workshop on air quality
1. Air Quality: The policy package
The Polis workshop on air quality (from 11am to 3pm) will give an overview of new policy developments and concrete examples of measures at the city level to abate air pollution from road transport. The workshop will be followed by the EU-funded ICT-Emissions project demo event presenting its methodology to assess the impact of ICT measures on air emissions.
Confirmed presentations and speakers are:
- Air quality legislation, DG Environment European Commissions
- Vehicle Fleet Characterization Study of the city of Madrid, Juan Azcarate, Javier Castaño, Energy Agency of Madrid
- Use of vehicle fleet data for on-road mobile sources emission inventories, Julio Lumbreras, UPM (Technical University of Madrid)
- The Rome study: evaluate urban co-health benefits associated with widespread introduction of EV’s, Fabio Nussio, Rome Mobility Agency; Martine Meyer, Renault
- London’s Ultra Low Emissions Zone (ULEZ), Poppy Lyle, Greater London Authority’s (GLA) Senior Policy and Project Officer on Air Quality
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) as a tool to reduce carbon footprint and pollutant emissions in cities, Prof. Zissis Samaras, Aristotle University Thessaloniki
Presentations will be followed by a roundtable discussion with experts and stakeholders. The workshop is free to attend and is open to local and regional authorities, the automotive industry, traffic software suppliers and OEMs.
2. ICT-Emissions demo workshop
The Polis workshop on air quality will be followed at 3.30pm by the ICT-Emissions workshop. This project has developed a novel methodology to quantify the impact of ICT measures on energy consumption and CO2 emissions of individual vehicles and vehicle fleets at the local scale, in order to promote the wider application of the most appropriate ICT/ITS measures.