Member in the Spotlight: Welcome to Bus-elona
Starting in October 2012 with four new lines that connect four different cities with Barcelona, the network has grown to 15 bus lines in 2015 (11 in Barcelona, 3 in Tarragona and one each in Girona and Lleida).
The main characteristics of the concept “Expres.Cat” are:
- High frequency in peak hours and new direct bus services
- High and competitive commercial speed: use of HOV-BUS lanes, priority in traffic intersections, etc.
- Real time information to the user: Bus stops with dynamic information panels updated in real time as well as information inside the vehicle. Currently, there are 47 real-time information panels installed within the bus stops.
- These lines are part of the integrated fare system. More intermodality with other modes of transport.
- 100 per cent accessible vehicles for disabled people.
- More sustainable and comfortable vehicles: use of biodiesel and wifi inside the buses
- New image: the new bus express network will be integrated under a new corporate image, “ecpres.cat”, which brings visibility to the user and facilitate their rapid identification. Today, 44 vehicles include the new brand.
Find out more about “Expres.Cat”
This insight has been published in the 'Thinking Cities' magazine, a joint publication of Polis and H3B Media. Issue 4, May/2015, page 40