Final conference of the BiTiBi project, 7 March 2017 Utrecht
On 7 March 2017, BiTiBi project will hold its final conference in Utrecht (the Netherlands) at the NS headquarter. Stakeholders of the BiTiBi project as well as guest speakers will give presentations on bike-train inter-modality. A guided tour of the world biggest bike parking in a train station will be organised.
BiTiBi is an innovative, three-year project co-funded by the European Union aimed at improving the livability of European cities and improving the energy efficiency of transport. The two most energy efficient modes of transportation, the bicycle and the train, provide a seamless door-to-door transport connection. Pilot projects were implemented in in the regions of Barcelona, Milan, Liverpool and in Belgium.
The actions of the BiTiBi project were:
- Build safe, secure and convenient bike parking facilities at train stations
- Provide convenient public bikes
- Unite the bicycle and train stakeholders
- Integrate payment system of bike and rail services
- Communicate positively the advantages for combining bicycles and trains
For each country, a document written in the local language has been made available for stakeholders willing to learn from these experiences. These reports can be download here.
To register to the conference please click here.