European Road Safety Summer School 2016 – 22-26 August 2016, Mechelen, Belgium
The course is aimed at professionals dealing with road safety issues and gives participants the chance to expand knowledge and expertise in this field. The course will present an integrated approach to road safety, based on good examples from European countries, within a short time and with ample networking and knowledge exchange opportunities. It is targeted at professionals dealing with road safety issues and wanting to expand their knowledge and expertise in this field: staff at national, regional or local authorities, road safety interest groups, police, spatial planning and road infrastructure departments, engineering offices, public transport, road administrations, researchers.
Themes and topics include:
- Conceptual framework: integrated approach (system approach) and road safety indicators.
- Road safety and specific risk groups (e.g. young car drivers).
- Road safety and sustainable mobility (special attention will be paid to vulnerable road users).
- National, regional and local road safety strategies in education and awareness raising, infrastructure and technology, enforcement and the link with Europe.
- Target setting and data-driven policy.
The course language is English.
Participation in the European Road Safety Summer school costs € 475 per person (including all activities on the programme). There is a 10% discount for Polis members.
To find out more and register: www.roadsafetysummerschool.be
or contact the Flemish Foundation for Traffic Knowledge directly at: email@example.com.