Enablers for European multimodal travel planning and information
The workshop was organised in the framework of the EC work on the implementation of the ITS action plan and directive and was a follow up on the public consultation on the topic carried out in the first three months of the year.
Polis acknowledge that multimodal travel planning and information services is one tool towards modal shift and more sustainable urban mobility patterns, but that there are challenges for local authorities in terms of provision or releasing of data that needs to be addressed. These challenges include:
- Possible reluctance of service providers
- Data control and ownership uncertainties
- Importance of the process and practical framework
- Cost of transition and maintenance
- Business models and justifying the investment