Do the right mix: EU funding to promote sustainable transport in 18 countries
The campaign's second call for funding saw 74 applications from 18 eligible countries. The application process was open until 31 May 2013 and successful applicants were selected by a panel of expert judges, all experienced in the field of sustainable urban mobility. One outstanding activity in each country was granted financial support:
- Austria - Schulterblick - Die Wiener Radfahrschule
- Belgium - OV experience
- Czech Republic - We all work there, we all want to get there!
- Denmark - Supermodal campaign
- Finland - Do the Right Mix - it's your move!
- France - L'intermodalité, clé de la mobilité
- Hungary - Veszprém in movement for clean air
- Ireland - Kerry Bicycle Festival 2013
- Liechtenstein - Green organisation (Go) - Mobility at the University of Liechtenstein (UniLi)
- Lithuania - Kaunas University Green Mobility Plan
- Netherlands - You can use my electric car
- Norway - Carbon free day
- Poland - It's your move - choose a bicycle
- Portugal - Sexta de Bicicleta (Bike Friday)
- Slovakia - European mobility week in Banská Bystrica 2013
- Slovenia - V troje - bicycling to work in May 2014
- Spain - Girona cycle sexy
- Sweden - The Climate Game 2013
The European Commission launched the Sustainable Urban Mobility campaign in July 2012. Under the slogan ‘Do the Right Mix’, the campaign showcases and supports local, regional, and national promotional actions across Europe. The central aim is to encourage EU citizens to embrace multi-modality.
Since the launch of the campaign in 2012, nearly 380 sustainable urban mobility actions have been registered on the central www.dotherightmix.eu website. The ongoing and upcoming actions are displayed on the Mobility Map, which provides enhanced Europe-wide visibility for campaigners. The website also features a fun and interactive Facebook game in which users must choose the most sustainable transport options for the central character, Edgar, and can win a foldable bike.