Bikeable City Masterclass - Learn from the Danish Cycling Culture on May 14-18, 2018
Urban planners, NGOs and decision makers will get first-hand experience with Danish cycle solutions in Copenhagen and Odense. Through a mix of presentations, workshops and site visits, the Cycling Embassy of Denmark's experts will provide participants with a first-hand experience with Danish cycle solutions in Copehnagen and Odense.
Participants will get to know how integrating cycling in sustainable mobility policies and climate goals, cycle infrastructure design, road safety, multi-modal transport, and city logistics as well as cycle education and promotion. A special focus will be put on translating this inspiration to concrete solutions that suit different city-specific contexts.
The program includes topics such as:
- Introduction to city development and Danish cycling planning
- The political process - Meeting with the Mayor of Technical & Environmental Affairs in Copenhagen
- Bicycle Strategy and – Account as tools for cycle promotion
- Cycle infrastructure design
- Traffic safety for cyclists, accidents and systematic accident reduction
- People First Design – meeting with Gehl Architects
Find more information about the program and how to register on the event website.