127 Freight Electric Vehicles to be used within the FREVUE project!
The FREVUE project (Freight Electric Vehicles in Urban Europe) kicked-off its activities with a meeting in London last 21st and 22nd of March. With its 8 demonstrators, FREVUE will provide evidence for electric vehicles' day-to-day reliability and suitability across a wide range of:
- Goods deliveries for food, post, waste and other sectors
- State of the art large electric vehicles-small vans, 3.5t to large 18t freight vehicles
- Diverse types of logistics organisations, including multi-national logistics companies and small local consolidators
- Different logistic models e.g. consolidation centres, point to point deliveries, etc.
- Different charging modes and electricity networks -fast charge, time-shifted, constrained grids, etc.
- Diverse political and regulatory settings present in Europe
A suite of tools will be developed which are specific to the optimisation of EV use in logistics applications. In addition, a structured evaluation framework will be developed to ensure that data from each of the demonstrators is analysed on a common and pan-European basis.