Public Transport Lab: Integrating urban design and infrastructure to accommodate public transport
This event is part of the Public Transport Lab webinar series.
4 November; 16:00-17:30 CET
How can urban design foster the integration between active travel and public transport, thus promoting intermodality as a convenient alternative to private car use? Public transport and active travel are key allies to achieve more liveable urban areas, where citizens can use both modes in a combined way to reach their destinations in an easy, safe, and convenient way. In this webinar, we will hear about different perspectives and experiences that follow this approach.
- The creation of synergies between bike-sharing and train networks at the regional level
- The role of Public Transport in achieving more livable urban areas
- The integration of cycling infrastructure and public transport stops
Introduction (POLIS Network)
- Aline Gillette, Ile de France: ‘A regional bicycle parking scheme to promote cycling in interconnection with the railway network’
- Sílvia Casorrán, Adjuntament the Barcelona. ‘Promoting active travel and public transport through urban planning’
- Anuela Ristani, Tirana: ‘Transforming transport systems to shift from private and passive to public and active transport’
- Pedro Homem de Gouveia, POLIS Network: ‘Articulating Bus Stop design with Walking and Cycling networks’
- Daniel McCool (Arup)
- Cosimo Chiffi (TRT)