Interreg Europe: Webinar on open data for smarter cities
On 29 April from 14:30 to 16:00 CET, the Policy Learning Platform is hosting a webinar on the topic of open data for smarter cities. Measuring energy and transport data allows for the design of better measures. This came forward of high importance since the workshop on energy efficiency in Florence and the workshop on mobility in Manchester. Various Interreg Europe projects put forward good practices on data collection for better management, both in the area of energy and mobility.
Some cities have gone a step further and made all collected data on public services available and accessible, not only to the concerned public services, but also to the general public. Hoping to foster better energy and mobility management, and private sector innovation at the same time. This webinar will explore the more complete examples of open public data with examples from several Interreg Europe projects.
Here is what you can expect:
- To introduce the concept of smart open data centres and related good practices from across Europe
- To raise awareness about the importance and opportunities related to making data on public infrastructures like energy and transport public
- To enable Interreg Europe project participants as well as other local policymakers to exchange knowledge and good pratices on the topic
Topics and speakers
- Sergio Gatteschi from the Florence Energy Agency and part of EMPOWER project will present the Florence Smart City Control Room
- Jiri Stich from Usti Region and part of PURE COSMOS project will present Usti Region Open Data Hub PORTABO
- Other speakers will be announced shortly
The webinar will give you the opportunity to connect with experts in the field and to engage in a discussion to find answers to your questions.
To find out more and register, please see here.